OPINIONWAY's ambition is to be an exemplary company, and to participate with its clients in making the world intelligible in order to act today and imagine tomorrow.
We place great value on honesty and clarity, particularly in the processing of data, which is at the heart of our business. We are committed to building a strong and lasting relationship with you based on trust and mutual benefit.
Part of this commitment means safeguarding and respecting your privacy and your choices.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- We respect your privacy and your choices.
- We ensure that data protection and security issues are at the heart of everything we do.
- We will not share or sell your personal data.
- We are committed to securing and protecting your personal data. This means that we only work with trusted partners.
- We are committed to being open and transparent about how we use your data.
- We will not use your personal data in any way that we have not made known to you.
- We are respectful of your rights and constantly strive to meet your requests to the extent possible, within our own legal and operational responsibilities.
When you provide us with personal data or when we collect personal data from you, we will use it in accordance with this Policy. Please read this information carefully.
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA? WHAT IS A PROCESSING OPERATION?
Personal data" means any information that can identify you directly (e.g. your name, e-mail) or indirectly (e.g. through pseudonymised data such as a unique identifier).
This means that personal data includes information such as e-mail addresses, user names, user-generated content, gender, age range, place of origin, user profile (e.g. journalist, consumer etc.).
Personal data may also include unique numerical identifiers such as the IP address of your computer or the MAC address of your mobile device, and cookies.
Processing is any operation that involves the use of such personal data. This includes collecting, recording or storing the data, or performing any operation or set of operations on the data, including organizing, modifying, retrieving, using, disseminating, erasing or destroying the data. Processing also includes the transfer of Personal Data.
PRINCIPLES RELATING TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
OpinionWay is committed to ensuring a high level of protection for the Personal Data of Data Subjects who use the Site and other Products or Services and of any other person whose Personal Data it processes.
In principle, we only collect and use personal data to the extent necessary to carry out our surveys and research projects.
When we ask you to participate in a specific survey, we explain the purpose of the survey in detail and give the name of our client when they have given us your data. Participation in our surveys is of course voluntary.
OpinionWay undertakes to comply with the applicable regulations (in particular articles 5 and 6 of the GDPR) for all the Processing of Personal Data that it implements. More specifically, OpinionWay undertakes to respect the following principles:
- Data are processed lawfully, fairly and transparently with regard to the Data Subject (lawfulness, fairness, transparency);
- Data are processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and are not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation);
- Personal Data are kept adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed (data minimization);
- Personal Data shall be accurate, kept up to date and every reasonable step shall be taken to ensure that data which is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay (accuracy).
- Data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- The data are processed in a manner consistent with the rights of the Data Subjects;
- The data is processed in a secure manner;
- Data is not transferred to persons or organisations located in countries that do not enjoy an adequate level of protection (even to other OpinionWay entities located in these countries).
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASES
The purposes of the Processing of Personal Data carried out by OpinionWay are based on the following legal grounds: contractual performance, the consent of the Data Subjects, OpinionWay's legal and regulatory obligations, its legitimate interest or the legitimate interests of its clients
The purposes associated with each legal basis are listed below.
On the basis of the execution of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the Data Subjects and/or the execution of the contract they have signed, OpinionWay implements Processing for the following purposes:
- management of customer, service provider, supplier and partner contracts. The data concerned are the client's identification data (surname, first name, postal address, email address, telephone number, position)
- in the context of its recruitment activities, OpinionWay processes personal data concerning candidates, which is necessary for the processing of their application(s). The data concerned are the identification and contact details of the candidate, his/her Curriculum Vitae, letters, e-mails and documents sent by the candidates, the dates and results of interviews, the salary position, the follow-up given to the application, the type and duration of the proposed contract.
- in the event of the organization of events, whether physical or online, OpinionWay processes personal data relating to event registrants and participants, in particular their identification data (surname, first name, contact details, email addresses, telephone number, company and position within the company)
On the basis of the consent of the Data Subjects, OpinionWay implements Processing for the following purposes
- the provision of personalised Services, such as advertisements, newsletters, training, etc;
- the provision of optional Services such as interactive discussion areas or chats;
- managing user participation in our surveys;
- the management of cookies subject to consent.
Based on compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations, OpinionWay implements Processing for the following purposes
- the development of Products and Services to facilitate the completion of administrative formalities required to process requests from Internet users;
- the management of responses to official requests from public or judicial authorities empowered to do so;
- compliance with the regulations applicable to our activity;
- the management of requests to exercise rights.
On the basis of its legitimate interests, OpinionWay implements Processing for the following purposes
- the development and improvement of new Products or Services and offers of Products or Services to Internet users and/or benefiting the public;
- the fight against fraud and abuse, including the management of the consequences of such fraud or abuse;
- management of security breaches or any technical problems encountered with the Products or Services;
- carrying out commercial prospecting operations aimed at professionals;
- management of customers or employees within a group of companies for internal administrative purposes;
- management of users' requests for information and complaints;
- the establishment of any means of proof necessary for the defence of OpinionWay's rights;
- the management of cookies not subject to consent.
Sensitive data (Art. 9 GDPR) is information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, as well as the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning the sex life or sexual orientation of a natural person.
These particular categories of Personal Data may only be processed if required by law or if the Data Subject has given his/her explicit consent. Such data may also be processed if it is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation n°2016/679, Data Subjects may, at any time, exercise their rights of access, rectification, deletion of data concerning them as well as their rights to limit and object to the Processing and portability of their Personal Data.
In addition, where OpinionWay's Processing of Personal Data is based on the consent of Data Subjects, such consent may be withdrawn at any time. OpinionWay will then cease to process the Personal Data of the Data Subjects without prejudice to the previous operations to which the Data Subjects had consented.
Under the right of access, OpinionWay may charge Data Subjects a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any additional copies of the data beyond that which is provided.
These rights can be exercised by post to the following address :
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
15 PLACE DE LA REPUBLIQUE
or by email to the following address DPO@OPINION-WAY.COM
In this context, it is requested that requests be accompanied by the elements necessary for the identification (surname, first name, email) of the Persons concerned as well as any other information necessary to confirm their identity.
For certain specific Services, these rights may be exercised directly online (management of your user account, management of your subscriptions to newsletters, news, etc.).
In the event of a breach of the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, Data Subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) in France (3 place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris cedex 07; tel.: +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22), without prejudice to any other administrative or legal remedy.
HOW IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
The personal data processed is protected by technical measures (such as firewalls, encryption, pseudonymisation, etc.) and organisational measures (such as restricted access according to operational needs, etc.) that comply with French and European legal and regulatory requirements to prevent the disclosure, loss or unlawful or accidental alteration of your data.
These protection measures are adapted according to the level of sensitivity of the data and associated processing.
ARE PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION? UNDER WHAT SAFEGUARDS?
We store and process your personal data in the European Union.
However, if we were to process your personal data outside the European Union to countries whose applicable legislation on the protection of personal data differs from that applicable in France, we would ensure that the transfer takes place to countries whose legislation has been recognised as providing an adequate level of protection by the European Commission or, failing that, is governed by the European Commission's standard contractual clauses which make it possible to guarantee a sufficient level of protection of the privacy and fundamental rights of individuals and respect for the technical standards used.